Sunday 1 May 2011

6 sentences

Something I wrote and thought I'd share, it is inspired my Chris Killen and his 6 sentences.

The sky was pink and blue candy striped, like a stick of rock. And it reminded me of a stick of rock that now sat in a box. I’d made it on one of my many day tips with Paul. We’d made it at the John Bull factory, a “K” carefully hidden inside, I say carefully, it was more careless and lack of experience when it came to making rock. The booze rock we bought on our Whitby holiday lay with it and I longed to be there so that I might taste it and be taken back to what it was like to be with him. And to be on that holiday, to smell the sea air as we waited to cross the bridge, and then go sit on the bar’s balcony at the bottom of the steps to the abbey. Whilst of course drinking wine and looking over the bay, me occasionally glancing at him being reminded how lucky I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts